OVERVIEW OF BOURNEMOUTH UNIVERSITY
Bournemouth University is located in BOURNEMOUTH – a rich and busy city which is located on the South coast of England. Therefore, this land inherits the most beautiful weather pattern in England with the ocean of sunshine and wind. Bournemouth is less than 2 hours away from London; there is a direct train from Waterloo London station.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF UNIVERSITY
- Top 10 of Art and Design training schools (including Animation) in the UK according to The University Handbook of The 2013 Newspaper.
- Top 10 schools for training Hospitality, Entertainment & Tourism faculties.
- Top 20 training schools on General Engineering faculty.
- Top 25 schools for training Communication & Media faculty.
- Top 40 training schools in Business & Management and Accounting & Finance.
WHY SHOULD WE CHOOSE BOURNEMOUTH?
- Researches in areas such as Art and Design, Business and Management, General Engineering, Archeology and Geography, Environmental Studies, and Computer Animation are all rated the world’s top quality.
- Has been nominated for two most prestigious awards of British Education: “The Best University of the Year” and “The Best Scientific Research Project of the Year” in 2009 of Times Higher Education (THE).
- Awarded the title of The Best Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) for maintaining the quality of teaching.
- Ranked 4th in the top universities for highest research quality. In 10 research areas, the school has 8 key research ranked among the world’s top quality.
- The University has a high quality Center for Communication Activities, Media Institute and the National Center for Computer Animation and is the only Houdini certified in the world.
- The school is certified for the quality of tourism faculty training of the United States World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
- The University has a strong link system for students to practice at prestigious organizations such as BBC, Disney and Microsoft..etc.
- The highest percentage of graduates is employed in The UK (the lowest ever was about 70% and the current employment rate is about 90%).
In response to the school’s rapid growth, since 2006, BU has invested in expanding 150 new academic subjects to make the school’s program more diverse and fully meet the needs of students. Economics, Finance, Technology, Design, Law or Scientific Research.
Among that, the strengths of Bournemouth are: tourism (ranked the second in the UK), the communications faculty (Bournemouth is designated as the center of UK communications practice), business faculty. The University has invested more than 1.5 million GBP in information and communication technology (ICT) to enhance the ability of students by the online learning program and to cover the cost of a virtual learning environment.
The University provides a wide range of courses for international students such as studying English, pre-university, university, masters and pre-masters.
|University Foundation Program||£9,000||30 weeks|
|College Program||£7.700 – £9.850||2 – 4 semesters|
|Pre-Masters Program||£3.250 – £8.500||10 – 30 weeks|
|Accommodation costs||£3.000 – £4.000||1 year|
|Cost of eating||£1.000||1 year|
|Other costs||£3.000||1 year|
- Tourism faculty: The university ranks very high in The UK and is rated by the Quality Accreditation Agency. Research activities are highly appreciated according to the 2018 RAE and the school is awarded a UNWTO-TedQual certification for tourism.
- Media faculty: The university is certified to excel in the communications industry according to the Quality Assurance Agency. The school has the activity of researching computer animation on the 5th rank (according to Research Assessment Exercise). The university’s communications faculty is the only one to achieve an excellent rating of media training by the British Higher Education Funding Council, with the quality of students output that is recognized worldwide.
- Design, Engineering and Computer faculty: The university has modern facilities and the latest technology to support teaching.
- Business faculty: The university is gradually gaining an international reputation in training for future entrepreneurs. Collaboration with large business groups will give students the opportunity to learn from the working models of reputable corporations.
- Applied Sciences faculty: The university achieves research achievements that are recognized worldwide as ecology conservation, archeology, anthropology and legal sciences. Students of the faculty have the opportunity to explore nature instead of just sitting and studying like other schools.
- Health care faculty: For a long time, the university l has been very famous for the education program for the Health faculty, with students as the center to train the social health care industry. The school has many partners in this field and will assist students to come to practice to know the working model of the aspect.
- For pre-university and pre-masters courses: IELTS 4.5
- For bachelor courses: IELTS 6.0
- For master’s courses: IELTS 6.5
COURSE FEES AND COST OF LEARNING
(For reference only, please contact us for the latest information).
Tuition: 13,750 GBP
|University Foundation||£ 9,500/year|
|Masters||£ 11,000 – £ 14,500/course|
- Value: £ 3,500.
- Condition: GPA 7.0
- Value: 50% of tuition.
*BU Music Scholarships
- Value: £ 1,150 (major) or £ 450 (minor).
*BU Sport Scholarship
- Value: £ 500 – £ 5,000.
*Executive Dean Scholarship
- Value: 50% of tuition.