Attractive information about Johns Hopkins University
Johns Hopkins University which was founded in 1876 is the largest and most prestigious private university in the United States. Before the 1970s, the school only recruited men. This rule was later abolished in 1970 to allow female enrollment.
Johns Hopkin University is a prestigious scientific research school in the world that has always been in the Top 15 global universities. The university is located in Baltimore but its 10 faculties are located on 10 different campuses, spanning three regions. 4 of the university’s 10 campuses are located in Baltimore, home to the learning and teaching sites of the School of Science and the Arts, the School of Engineering, and the School of Education. The East Baltimore area is home to the world-famous campus of Medical, Nursing, and Community Medicine along with Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Johns Hopkins University’s College of Advanced International Studies is located in Washington D.C, an hour’s drive south of Baltimore. In addition, the school also has other satellite campuses located in Montgomery County, Columbia, and near Laurel, Maryland.
- Johns Hopkins University facilities and services
- Dormitory system: The dormitory system is large and fully equipped, one room accommodates from 2 to 4 people.
- Library system: The library system contains more than 3.6 million documents.
- Security: Student safety is always a top priority for Johns Hopkins University with more than 200 security staff.
- Entertainment area: The sports clubs here develop strongly and operate quite actively. On-campus there are more than 30 sports clubs including many sports such as Water polo, badminton, baseball..etc.
The training program of Johns Hopkins University
Students studying at Johns Hopkins University can study either full-time or part-time. This is very convenient for students to arrange their time. School majors: Public Health, Business, Science and Arts, International Studies, Education, Medicine, Nursing and Engineering..etc.
Johns Hopkins University training bachelors, masters, doctoral degrees, and postgraduate students in most majors. The school’s degree has the highest value among the top schools in the US.
Costs at Johns Hopkins University
- About USD 44,000 – 50,000 / year (Depending on the program).
- Food and accommodation fees: USD 10,000 – 15,000 / year
- Cost of school supplies: about USD 1,300 / year
- Travel fees: USD 702 / year
- Insurance fees: USD 1,800 / year
- Personal fees: USD 3,000 / year (Depending on the needs of each student).
Scholarships – Financial support for Johns Hopkins students
Johns Hopkins University is known as the most favored school for students by meeting 100% of the financial support needs of students. With average support about USD 38,000 / year. In addition to the student financial aid program, the school also has many scholarships for domestic and international students:
- Johns Hopkins Scholarships for International Students: These are scholarships for freshmen, awarded based on their abilities and needs for financial support.
- Hodson Trust Scholarship: These are scholarships awarded based on study results and personal contributions achievements as well as leadership.
- Charles R. Westgate Engineering Scholarship: This is a scholarship for 4-year Bachelor of Engineering students, including 100% of tuition and living expenses. Scholarships are awarded to a maximum of 02 students per year.