Cape Breton University (CBU) – a public university established in 1951, is home to nearly 3500 students with over 1900 from more than 40 countries around the world. Accordingly, CBU is among the best options for international students.
Cape Breton University is situated in Sydney, Nova Scotia on the East Coast of Canada (the Atlantic provinces) with numerous coastal sceneries. Sydney serves as an important political city and the main processing center of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. With the lowest temperature recorded from -2 to 0 Celsius Degree, Sydney has the warmest winter in Canada due to the effect of the warm current.
In Sydney, immigrants only account for 5% of the population creating an sole English-speaking environment. Recently, the city has been reported to see significant growth in economies. This may be a huge advantage for international students seeking for immigration in Canada.
- School of Science and Technology
- School of Arts and Social Sciences
- School of Education and Health
- Shannon School of Business
Communication, Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Business Administration, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Nursing, Education, Engineering,etc.
- Well-grounded Teaching Experience Award
- Education Quality Award
- 92% of CBU Students are satisfied with the University education and will suggest CBU to their friends and relatives
- Top Canada University with affordable cost
- Free International Student Support services: Airport Pickup, Financial Aid, International Student Advisors, University Residence and Dining Hall, Immigration Consultant, etc.
- CBU supports students with their co-op and internship in order to gain a year experience prior to graduation, which enhances the chance of in Nova Scotia
- The only institution in Canada offer a three-year Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management program with 12-month co-op term at 5-star hotels
- Located in Nova Scotia with open immigration policies and reasonable cost of livings
|Undergraduate||3 years||IELTS 6.0|
GPA: 70-75 %
|Graduate||16 months||IELTS 6.5|
1.Arts and Social Science: Anthropology, sociology, communication, History, Linguistics, Mathematics, Folklore, Philosophy, Religious studies, Political Science, Psychology, Mi’kmaq Studies, etc.
- Education and Health: Bachelor of Education (Domestic only), Master of Education (Domestic only), Bachelor of Nursing (No Direct Entry Pre-Health courses required), Bachelor of Public Health (Paid Co-op), Bachelor of Emergency Management, Bachelor of Science – Nutrition (Transfer) (2 years at CBU + 2 years at St.Francis Xavier University)
- Master of Business Administration in Community Economic Development: tourism, marketing, international commercial, leadership strategy, public management, development sustainability, peace management, folklore
- Bachelor of Business Administration: Supply chain management, Accounting, Marketing, Finance, Legal studies, Human Resources
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Science (3 years): Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Psychology
- Bachelor of Engineering (3 years): Electronics & Controls, Environmental Studies, Petroleum, Manufacturing
- Bachelor of Engineering (Transfer): 2 years at CBU, 2 years at Dalhousie University
- Engineering: Chemical engineer, Civil engineer, Environmental engineer, Mechanical engineer, Consulting engineer , Power utilities, Petroleum industry
- Bachelor of Arts and Science: Biodiversity, Psychology, Health and Environmental Studies
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Transfer): 1 year at CBU + 3 years at Dalhousie University
- Bachelor of Mathematics and Engineering: 3 years at CBU + 2 years at Dalhousie University
- Chemical Engineering + Engineering Certificate (3 years)
Cape Breton University is the only Canadian institution offering a 3-year Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism management including 12-month of paid co-op term.
CBU is the first post-secondary institution to collaborate with IHG – one of the world’s upscale brands providing students exceptional working experiences ranging from 1080 hours to 2000 hours at the lowest salary rate of 11.5 CAD an hour (12 000 CAD to 22 000 CAD in total). After the internship term, students will be issued a certificate by IHG which is an advantage when applying for IHG’s brands.